DCC Prototype

Believe it or not I have been playing around with encryption in some form or another since I was about six or seven, and in late high school / early university I kind of took the natural path from there to get an amateur interest in compression algorithms as well.

My senior engineering project was even a variation off the Huffman Algorithm.

I have had this idea for a loss-less, compression time intensive but decompression time sensitive, AI embedded method of compression for about ten years now (and I even attempted to start it once before I eventually got sidetracked for one reason or another), but anyway, for some reason I caught myself thinking about it again and before I knew it, I had coded a prototype down to the root cluster analysis portion.

So yeah, looks like I’m kind of playing with it again, but that’s not to say it won’t just sit there again until another five years pass.

Here’s whats next anyway:

  • Speed boost for the root cluster detection (probably in the analysis function)
  • Clean up the refresh rate
  • Start working on the data structure for the cluster analysis

Edit: I ended up doing a bit of work on this night after writing this post as the mood apparently hit me again. Now the sleep mood is hitting me.